Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, February 12, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 897

Last night Hubby and K had a date.  Not just a date, but a D-A-T-E!
He took her to Abilene's Daddy-Daughter dance for the first time.
Just like any girl, she needed a new dress for her date:


And just like any gentleman, Hubby rang the doorbell and came prepared with flowers and gifts:


They posed for the obligatory photo op:


They both kept me updated throughout the evening (he texted me, she called me while he was in the bathroom - ha ha).  She said, "THIS.IS.AWESOME!!!!!"  The food was good and they danced a lot.  The only complaints were that it was hot as hell in there (Hubby's words, not K's) and they only offered something to drink once, and that was only little Dixie cups with lemonade.  

All in all I'd say the evening was a success.  Hubby lucked out with the theme this year:  boot scootin boogie!  Since jeans, a nice shirt and his "good boots" are about the dressed up as he gets, it worked out perfectly.  He even sent me this pic when I asked where his cowboys hat was:


Real men wear pink, right?  (Have I mentioned that Hubby is a really good dad???)

Some of K's friends were there, which made the night even more fun for her... including her old BFF (center, in the blue):


I find it a little ironic that it's one year to the day exactly that I discovered her mom's criminal actions (if you don't remember, she was arrested for stealing tens of thousands of dollars from our softball league - case still pending).  Aside from finding out one of my best friends was a liar, thief and con-artist, the worst part of the whole ordeal was that my little girl lost her best friend.  They were BFFs since they were 3 years old, and except for the last basketball game of the season last year (they were on the same team) - which happened after I confronted my friend - K hasn't seen her friend since it all happened.  

I was afraid that K would be there with her dad, because they go every year.  And they were.  I asked Hubby if they were awkward with each other, and he said our K was timid at first, but once he told her she could talk to and play with her friend, they picked up like nothing ever happened.  He said they were running around, laughing and screaming just like old times.  

Seeing pictures and videos of them enjoying being together last night is bittersweet for me.  It warms my heart that her friend still cares about my girl and was happy to see her, too.  But it doesn't change anything.  Even though that little girl is innocent, I refuse to let my daughter have anything to do with K's parents.  Now that she saw her again, I keep waiting for K to ask me "When can I see K again?"   Sigh.  Stupid criminals.

No comments: