Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 898

According to the National Cancer Institute, marijauna kills cancer cells.

NCI updated its page to include various studies revealing how cannabis “may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow” while also protecting normal, healthy cells.

You can read the full article from Healthy Holistic Living here:

http://www.healthy-holistic-living.com/marijuana-kills-cancer-cells-admits-us-national-cancer-institute.html

In my opinion, anything that kills cancer cells is a good thing.  It's even better that more and more states are legalizing marijuana.

I've never smoked anything in my life, and I've never tried any kind of drugs other than the legal kind (face it, I've had seven surgeries in two years.... I've taken drugs!).  I've put my body through all of the "big guns" of treatment:  the harshest chemo regimen, the most extensive surgeries and radiation.  I'm taking a medicine that makes me physically miserable, and I will probably have to take it for ten years, because it blocks estrogen.  My cancer fed off estrogen, so I'm all for starving the beast.

If, despite all of that, my cancer ever comes back, it's reassuring to me that there may be other options.

No comments: