Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 895

I despise this part of my morning ritual:


I hate taking pills.  I've always hated taking pills.
I remember when I was a kid and my mom wanted me to graduate from Flintstones chewables to one-a-day vitamins that you had to swallow.  I cried.  CRIED.  
Now I have one of those old people day/night pill divider things.

Hubby can grab a handful of pills and swallow them with one sip of water.  I have to guzzle water with every pill... separately.  By the time I'm done, I feel sick to my stomach just from taking my stupid pills.  

I have a pill to help my bones, a pill to block estrogen (and starve cancer cells), a pill for arthritis pain caused by the estrogen blocker, a pill to help my mood, a pill to make my hair and nails stronger, an allergy pill......I also have nighttime pills for hot flashes, restless legs, my digestive system.....it's endless.
And I'm starting to think it's pointless.  I'm exhausted all the time, I'm grouchy all the time, I'm gaining weight all the time, my legs are restless every night and every joint in my body from my pinky to the bottom of my foot hurts 24/7.  So either my pills are causing more problems or they're not working.  
Sadly, if I complain to my doctors, I'll probably end up with even MORE pills.
(I told you I'm grouchy)

No comments: