Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 903

Tuesday afternoon I fell asleep on the couch and did not budge for two hours.  I'm pretty much tired all the time, but that is a little extreme even for me.  I woke up when Hubby came home from work, but couldn't move.  When the kids came home from school I woke up long enough to ask how their day was, then I dozed back off.  Even with my nap, I was sacked out by 11:15pm.

Yesterday I woke up with a migraine.  My handy-dandy percocet kept it at bay, but didn't totally get rid of it, so I spent the entire day fighting a headache.  I've always been a headache person, so they are nothing new for me, but the bad ones are just..... bad.  It's exhausting, my neck and shoulders get tense, my restless legs act up, and even after the meds get rid of it, I walk around with an achy, "hollow" head feeling that lasts for about a day.

I would like, just once, to make it through a day without something bothering me.  I don't ever have a time where my energy is nil, something doesn't hurt or I don't feel like I could sleep for a week.

I'm so very thankful to have made it this far into my "new normal".... but sometimes this new normal sucks.  I miss the old normal!  I miss my not-gray hair, my not-so-fat body, my joints that didn't crack, my arm that didn't swell, and my breasts that were real breasts.


No comments: