Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 854


Today is the last day of 2015.  
After spending the last 2 1/2 years going to my multitude of doctors, enduring countless tests and procedures, taking medicine, having a bunch of surgeries (did you remember there were 7 of them?) and recovering from those surgeries, I'm looking forward to what I hope will be an uneventful new year.

I don't usually make new year's resolutions, because no matter how good my intentions, I never stick to them.  I'm making an exception this year.  In addition to the one in the picture above (because we could all be more awesome, in my opinion), my resolution is to NOT max out my health insurance coverage next year.  Ha ha.  After reaching the catastrophic limit three years in a row, it would be nice to keep my insurance claims to a minimum (if there is such a thing for a cancer survivor).

On a side note, I was making cookies earlier for our annual NYE poker party when my oven caught fire.  Not kidding.  I spent the rest of the afternoon baking tiny batches of cookies in my toaster oven.  What a fun way to "ring out the old".

Happy New Year everyone.  May 2016 be the year of good health, good fortune and happiness for everyone I love.

No comments: