Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 836

Insomniac blogging...

I feel like a newborn baby who has her nights and days mixed up.
I wonder when I will ever have a good night's sleep again.  I'm sleepy when I wake up.  I'm exhausted by late afternoon.  I make myself go to bed around 10-11pm.  Then I wake up all night long.  And when I do sleep, I have crazy, crazy dreams.

4am seems to be my magic hour.  I wake up, almost wide awake, around that time every night.  Nothing is wrong.  I usually get up to use the bathroom.  I'll wander to the kitchen to get a drink.  Sometimes I'll check the weather on my computer.  Then I go back to bed, eventually fall back asleep, and then curse my alarm when it goes off an hour or two later.

Yesterday I dozed on the couch for more than an hour.  I guess that little bit was enough to keep me up.  I made myself go to bed at midnight.  I tossed and turned, made it through a couple of hot flashes by flipping my pillow over to the cooler side, and finally gave up a few minutes ago.

If the rain hasn't put a damper on it, we have to be at the fields by 7am for an 8am softball game.  Getting up at 5:45 is going to be loads of fun when I'm still wide awake at 1am.

I miss the days when I could fall asleep anywhere and sleep through an apocalypse.
Think Hubby would notice if I tried this?


No comments: