Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 760

No pain, no gain.  
That's what they say, right?

This is my leg, three days after surgery:


Before you ask, yes, it is as painful as it looks.  Both legs and my stomach look like this. 

If I didn't have cancer, I wouldn't have needed reconstruction, and I wouldn't look and feel like this right now.
Stupid cancer.

I do have to own up to the fact that this was my choice, though. I'd been through this surgery before, and I knew the result.  It HURTS.  

While some people choose plastic surgery for vanity's sake, others, like me, choose it as a way to get back some of what we lost.  I could have lived with what I had.  But after going through everything I've gone through, why stop two feet from the finish line?  I've been bruised before.  I've been in pain before.  I healed.  I will heal again.  

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, Michelle!!!! Looks so painful!! But the outcome will be worth it!