Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, May 25, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 634

I'm fat.

One of the things I hate the most about having had cancer (aside from the whole trying to kill me thing) is that thanks to chemo, six surgeries (and recoveries), being thrown into menopause and having to take estrogen-blocking medicine, I am the heaviest I've ever been except for when I was pregnant. 

I don't have the energy to exercise, even though you'd think I'd have more motivation than ever. I want to be healthy. I want to be in good shape. I want to be strong so I can keep kicking cancer's ass!
Unfortunately the only exercise I get these days is riding my exercise bike at 10pm when my restless legs act up!  We've had day after day (after day!) of rain, so I haven't even been able to take walks, my preferred choice of exercise.

I have lost a few pounds lately, but I can probably attribute that to the swelling finally subsiding after my lipo surgery. Whatever, I'll take it. It's the first time the scale has budged - without going up - in almost a year.

I know I'll never be skinny again. I'm just going to have to concentrate on being the healthiest I can be.

If only vegetables tasted like chocolate!


No comments: