Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 544


This was the saying on the little plaque that my friend S gave me the other night.  I asked her what the gift was for, and she said to think of it as a late birthday gift or a going-through-a-rough time gift.  What a blessing she is.

I haven't blogged in a week.  I have been incredibly stressed and incredibly busy.  I posted that quote about courage because I recently had to do something that took a lot of courage.  Even though I did the right thing, a lot of people were hurt and friendships were altered forever.  I've been sad, embarrassed, mad, confused, frustrated, anxious.... the emotions are all over the place.  Your prayers for me as well as everyone involved in this situation are greatly appreciated.

Speaking of prayers, please keep my dad in your prayers.  He is in the VA hospital because they can't get the swelling in his legs under control.  They've run all kinds of tests, tried four different antibiotics in case of infection, done ultrasounds to check for any blockages.... the doctors are perplexed.  Dad is in good spirits and doing well otherwise, but they need to figure this out and pronto!

Today we had a snow (ice) day.  It's been nice having an extra day to be lazy with my family.  Hubby even stayed home from work - a bonus!  The kids have a two hour delay tomorrow, too, so it's nice to know going to bed that I don't have to set my alarm for 6am.

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: