Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 522

Iron infusion number three is kicking my butt.  I never knew getting iron through an iv would be so harsh on my body.  The only thing I can figure is that the side effects are cumulative, kind of like chemo.  I have had the same exact side effects in the same exact order each time, but they have gotten  progressively worse with each one.

Yesterday I woke up feeling like I had the flu.  My head was pounding, my ears hurt, my throat hurt and my stomach was off.  It didn't help that it was raining and forty degrees outside, so I couldn't get rid of a chill.  (Where are the hot flashes when you need them???)  

I can only hope that my numbers are much better when I go back to Dr H (on 2/17).  I really don't want to have to do this again.

Happy February, and happy Super Bowl day!

No comments: