Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1240


Tomorrow is Inauguration Day.  
I know this election has been tumultuous at best, and many people I know are extremely upset about who won.  I get that.  I GET IT!  But I'm tired of politics being shoved down my throat every time I look at a television, newspaper or especially Facebook.


Getting on my political soapbox for a minute.

The article that this picture is from really bothers me.  (I didn't "share" the post, just a screenshot.)
I don't care which election you talk about or which candidates were running.  There is ALWAYS a winner and there is ALWAYS a loser.  That's a fact.  The person who wins the electoral vote wins the office of President.  For every candidate that comes up short in an election, there is a whole host of supporters who did not get the President they wanted.
End of story.

I don't care who you voted for.  I don't care who you agree with or don't agree with.  I don't care if you are white, black, rich, poor, gay, bisexual or transgender.  If you're my friend, then you're my friend even if you voted for Kermit the Frog.  If I love you, I love you regardless of whether you are a Democrat or Republican.  It's like I tell my kids... you don't have to like everyone, but you do have to get along.
Millions of people voted for and support Donald Trump.  He was voted into office.  Millions of people voted for and support Hillary Clinton.  She was NOT voted into office.

You don't like Donald Trump?  That's your prerogative.  You don't have to like him.  You can turn your tv off so you don't have to listen to him.  You can march in a dozen cities this weekend to protest.  None of that changes the fact that he is the next President of the United States.  If he doesn't have your respect, his job should.
I did not vote for President Obama (the second time).  When he won, I did not make my profile picture black, boycott television or march in a protest because my candidate didn't win.  I did not cry that America was doomed.  I did not wish him harm even though he wasn't my choice.
In 2000, I did not vote for President Bush.  I voted for Al Gore, who won the popular vote but lost the electoral vote, just like Hillary Clinton this year.  I did not protest, riot, cry, or complain.  My candidate did not win, and it stung, but America made its choice.  I did not wish George Bush harm or ridicule him or disrespect him, his family or the office he held.

You know why?  Because I am an American and I love my country.
Things may not have gone your way in November and tomorrow is a disappointing day for those who feel that way.  But the world is not going to stop turning.  The sun will come up.  People will go to work, to school, on vacation.  Some things will change, just as they always do when there is a change in administration.  Some of it is scary.  Hopefully some of it will be better than people expect.  But America is still going to be the greatest country in the world... the land of the free.

There is a picture floating around on Facebook that says wanting Donald Trump to fail as President is like wanting the pilot to crash a plane that we are ALL ON.  

Tonight I will pray for my friends and family who are heartbroken, bitter and angry.  Tomorrow I will pray for Donald Trump and his administration.  I wish him well, because his success guarantees America's success.

God bless America.

No comments: