Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 784

Restless legs syndrome.

The bane of my existence.  It has been ever since I was a teenager, back when I just called it "jumpy legs" because there wasn't an official term for it.  That, and headaches, are two things I've always suffered from. Some things never change.

Apparently going off Tamoxifen and starting Arimidex triggered both. I had the worst headache last night, and two rounds of restless legs (even though I rode my exercise bike at 9pm).  My active night was exhausting. I took a two hour nap on the couch this afternoon and now at 9pm I feel like I could doze off.

Am I just getting old? Worn out from the last two years?  Suffering from side effects from medicine that's going to keep me cancer free?

There are worse things than being tired. There are worse things than having a headache or having to walk circles in my living room at 11pm. Way worse things. So if that's what I have to deal with, bring it.  I won't like it, I'll complain every damn night,  but I'll deal with it. Because those worse things?  They really sucked and I dealt with them, too.

No comments: