Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, October 29, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 6

I think this goes without saying, but today I am thankful that my long-distance family and friends are all safe from Hurricane Sandy.  I know it can still pack a wallop tonight and through the coming days, but it's comforting to know that the people I know and love along the east coast are ok after the initial brunt of the storm. 
My family is in New York, and I have a lot of friends up & down the coast including New Hampshire, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.  It's heartbreaking to me to see the pictures of the devastating wind & rain damage, not to mention the flooding.  As I sat here in sunny, mild west Texas watching the news coverage, I hope everyone knows that my thoughts and prayers were with them thousands of miles away!

No comments: