Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1334


Last night I was pulled over on the way home from the softball fields.... first time in many, many years.  In fact, I haven't been pulled over since I moved to Texas sixteen years ago.  I was speeding (of course), but in my defense, I thought the speed limit was 60mph.  He clocked me at 63... still speeding, but wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't a 55mph zone. Oops.  

Luckily he was very nice and let me off with a warning and asked me to keep my speed down.  Props to the Taylor County sheriff's deputy who was just looking out for safety instead of looking to give someone a hard time.

On another note.... Three years ago today was Relay for Life.  What an amazing, exhausting, emotional, powerful night!  My son walked a lap in high heels ("walk a mile in her shoes"); my hubby walked solo in the wee hours of the morning so our team always had someone walking;  I raised way more than my goal amount thanks to generous donations;  my team was one of the very few who stayed (and walked) all night long.   
Go Team Michelle!






No comments: