Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1020



I've done a lot of soul searching (and a lot of crying) over the last few days.  You know what?  Having a bad day isn't the end of the world.  Having a couple of bad days isn't the end of the world.   Even having cancer isn't the end of the world.

Things happen every day that make us sad, mad, hurt, disappointed, frustrated.  I can't control how other people treat me.  I can't control what someone else does.  I sure can't control what life throws at me.  
What I can control is how I react.

Since having cancer I have learned to be a tiny bit selfish, because most of the little problems don't really matter in the grand scheme of things when you are faced with your own mortality.   However, maybe I've become a little too selfish in thinking I'm as important to others as I want to be.  There are billions of people on this planet....what makes me so special?

I laugh, I cry, I support my friends, I treasure my husband and family.  I do my best to be the kind of person who inspires trust, the kind of person people want to be around, the kind of person whom others want to make a priority.  I become attached, I care, I love.  That's just who I am.

That also means I get hurt.
That doesn't mean I can't continue to be kind, caring, and fun.  Tears can be wiped away, hearts can mend.  If life wants to knock me down, I'm going to get back up stronger, not become bitter.  My mother is the most positive person I've ever known.  If I can be even just a little bit like her I'll have succeeded in leaving this world a better place because I was here.

Life gives you lemons, sometimes a lot of them.  Good thing I like lemonade.

No comments: