Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 728

A crazy thing happened to me this morning.
I took a shower, got dressed, put on some make up and dried my hair.  Then I went to my jewelry box to put on my bling for the day.  None of that is unusual.
Then - something caught my eye in the mirror on my dresser and I did a double take.

I LOOK LIKE ME!!


True, my hair isn't nearly as long as it used to be.  I'm carrying an extra twenty (ok, twenty-five) pounds and I have more scars than I can count.  But on a quick glance in the mirror?  The lady looking back at me reminds me of me.  Finally.

Two years ago tomorrow, I began the kicking cancer's ass journey.  It all started with my first chemo treatment, and it's still going on.  As far as I know, I am cancer-free.  No news is good news.  But the side effects from treatment and the future surgeries (yes, there will be another one) and the medication.... it seems never ending.  

But you know what?  I'm alive.  I'm happy.  I'm able to be Michelle the mom, and Michelle the wife.
I'm Michelle.

God is good.

No comments: