Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The mind is the first thing to go...

My son got this really neat clock for Christmas.  It has a picture of a football field/stadium as the clock face, and every hour on the hour, it plays a sound like a crowd cheering for their team.  Cool, huh?  The only problem is that it scares the CRAP out of me EVERY. SINGLE.  TIME.  It's not loud, and I know what it is when I hear it, and yet I still get startled.  As a stay-at-home mom, it is my job to be home.  Whenever I'm not out running errands, I am usually at home by myself.  I rarely watch tv, so the house is quiet.  Until this clock goes off.  I immediately jump, look around as if to find out who is breaking into the house, and then settle back down once I realize what that insane noise is.

The worst part?  I'm the one who put the batteries in the clock and I'm the one who put it up on his wall.  Not to mention that *I* am the genius who bought the darn thing.

Happy 39th birthday to me!

No comments: