Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, June 19, 2022

Kicking cancer's ass - day 2187

 


Today marks the first Father's Day without my dad.  
The first Father's Day I didn't get to buy and send a card to MY dad.  
The first Father's Day I didn't get to call and wish him a good day.
The first real holiday that gut-punched me with missing him so so much.

It was almost five months to the day that I last spoke to my dad.  He tried to talk to me, he held my hand and he hugged me.  Six days later he passed away.
I don't care how old you are, a girl never stops needing her daddy.






Dad, I hope you have had the BEST day in heaven.  
You were the best father a girl could ask for. 
Life handed you a lot of lemons, and yet you kept on keeping on,
loving your family in your own quiet way. 
A lof of people could learn from the way you walked in your faith.

Happy Father's Day.  I love you and I miss you.


No comments: