Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1772




Today is this guy's birthday:


Eighteen years ago today Hubby and I spent our first "date" together at the beach.  It was the first time he'd ever seen the ocean.  I always used to tease him that he needed me in his life to broaden his horizons.  That's probably true.  But I also needed him...for everything.  Hubby is a good man, a devoted husband and a loving & supportive father.  


According to the birthday ninja, his birthday numbers 7, 8 and 1962 reveal that his Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. 
I would say that is pretty accurate.  Hubby is one of the most responsible, most loyal, most honest people I know.  He always does the right thing, even when it's not the easy thing.  He would give the clothes off his back for someone who needed them, and he never asks for anything.

Unfortunately his birthday lunch was interrupted by disappointing news.  It's getting to be old hat for us, but I'm really tired of people treating us poorly.  


I'm always upset when someone is dishonest or disloyal, because honesty and loyalty are two very important traits to us.  But it pisses me off even more when something like this happens and ruins Hubby's birthday.  He always puts himself last and never expects anything, so today, his birthday, I tried to make him feel a little special.  Considering a phone call at lunch put him in a lousy mood for the rest of the day, and a severe dizzy spell made him have to eat his ice cream cake lying down, I don't think I had any chance of succeeding in making sure he enjoyed his birthday.


All I can say is:  


That's all.  No drama.  No sob story.  We can't control what other people do, even when it affects us.  All we can do is keep on keeping on.  We treat other people how we would like to be treated, even though it rarely works out that way in reverse.  I just have one word:  karma.

Hubby....I know you are angry.  I know you are frustrated with the situation, and sick to death of people.  Just remember - this smile is why we do what we do.


I would put up with anything, work from the ground up as many times as I have to, in order to keep this girl happy doing what she loves.  

I know it wasn't the best one ever, but Happy Birthday Hubby.  My world is a better place because you are in it.  I love you.



No comments: