Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Kicking cancer's ass - day 976



Instead of the 2-3 business day wait I was told to expect, it was two weeks before I received the results of my abdominal ultrasound.  The wait was more than worth it - NO ABNORMALITIES!

I don't get regular scans by any of my doctors.  They only check things out when there might be a problem.  So far, any "problems" that I've had have turned out to be easily explained as NOT CANCER.  Good enough for me.  

Also, as of last week I'm back on the dreaded Tamoxifen.  I couldn't handle the Arimidex family of medicines any longer.  The extreme fatigue, the insomnia, the pain and the hair loss..... there's no way I could live like that for years and years.  

In some cases the devil you know is a better option than the devil you don't.  


No comments: