- I've spent a lot of time with Hubby since d-day, and while I don't love the reason, I love every extra minute I get to be with him. It makes it so much more difficult when we're not together, though. He was out of town today (Saturday) for a very good reason, but I still missed him. Cancer makes me a little (more) needy.
- A BFF always knows just when to call.
- When a prescription is supposed to be taken every day, that means every day. Oops.
- One of my pet peeves (and there are many) is when I text someone who is normally glued to their phone and they don't text me back. Texting needs a little "nudge" button like Words with Friends has.
- I have only purchased one Christmas gift for Hubby. How can I not know what to buy for the man I've pledged my eternal love to?
- I hate not having eyebrows and eyelashes almost as much as I hate not having hair. I look in the mirror and I see a stranger.
- Sitting on my couch looking at my Christmas tree is one of the most comforting things in my world.
- I have really good people in my life who are willing to spend lots and lots of time with my kids. I'm so grateful.
- I spent two hours freezing my butt off at the Open House for the model railroad club J belongs to. One of the members looked at me, nodded at J and told me I must have the patience of a saint. I don't think he was talking bad about my boy - I think even he noticed we'd been there a long time.
- There isn't anything much better than chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.
- Hubby has a bad back and needs surgery. I hate (with a passion) that his healing has to be put on hold for my healing.
- If you ask me to do something, make sure I put it in my phone calendar. I used to have a mind like a steel trap, but chemo stole that from me.
- My mother is getting tons of snow tonight in upstate NY, and while I love my family and my life here with them, I would love to be snowed in with her in her cozy house tonight. That's what Christmas is all about!
Saturday, December 14, 2013
Kicking cancer's ass - day 108
Random Saturday musings...