Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Kicking cancer's ass - day 108

Random Saturday musings...

  • I've spent a lot of time with Hubby since d-day, and while I don't love the reason, I love every extra minute I get to be with him.  It makes it so much more difficult when we're not together, though.  He was out of town today (Saturday) for a very good reason, but I still missed him.  Cancer makes me a little (more) needy. 
  • A BFF always knows just when to call.  
  • When a prescription is supposed to be taken every day, that means every day.  Oops.
  • One of my pet peeves (and there are many) is when I text someone who is normally glued to their phone and they don't text me back.  Texting needs a little "nudge" button like Words with Friends has.
  • I have only purchased one Christmas gift for Hubby.  How can I not know what to buy for the man I've pledged my eternal love to?
  • I hate not having eyebrows and eyelashes almost as much as I hate not having hair.  I look in the mirror and I see a stranger.
  • Sitting on my couch looking at my Christmas tree is one of the most comforting things in my world.
  • I have really good people in my life who are willing to spend lots and lots of time with my kids.  I'm so grateful.
  • I spent two hours freezing my butt off at the Open House for the model railroad club J belongs to.  One of the members looked at me, nodded at J and told me I must have the patience of a saint.  I don't think he was talking bad about my boy - I think even he noticed we'd been there a long time.
  • There isn't anything much better than chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.
  • Hubby has a bad back and needs surgery.  I hate (with a passion) that his healing has to be put on hold for my healing.
  • If you ask me to do something, make sure I put it in my phone calendar.  I used to have a mind like a steel trap, but chemo stole that from me. 
  • My mother is getting tons of snow tonight in upstate NY, and while I love my family and my life here with them, I would love to be snowed in with her in her cozy house tonight.  That's what Christmas is all about!

No comments: