Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Kicking cancer's ass - day 2096


We officially have two teenagers in the house!

Today my baby girl turns thirteen.  (It's also the last day of school, which means my baby boy is a high school senior, but that's a whole other post!)

K is so incredibly smart, talented, kind, beautiful, thoughtful, creative and compassionate.  But what means more than the academic awards, the first place tennis ribbons or the softball trophies is how fantastically unique she is.  She is quirky and funny, dramatic and silly.


Whether she is singing as loud as she can in the shower or speaking to a hotel clerk in a Russian accent, my girl never fails to bring a smile to my face.  She used to be painfully shy and scared of everything.  Now she lives up to the meaning of her name (brave) by enthusiastically trying new things.  You might see her all dolled up at a daddy-daughter dance, zip-lining down a mountain or covered in dirt on the softball field.  She might spend her time working with the animals at the zoo, going fishing or playing Dungeons & Dragons with her friends.  She loves horses and her dog Dexter.  She prays for the sick and loves with her whole heart. 

 


























God sure blessed me when he chose to give me this girl for a daughter.  She's an honor roll student, a competitive tennis player, a softball pitcher, first chair bass clarinet in honor band, and more than all of her diverse talents, she has the most amazing soul of anyone I have ever known.  









Happy 13th birthday, baby girl.  You are SO WEIRD!  😍
Always be you.

No comments: