Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Kicking cancer's ass - day 495


  • My computer died.  I mean completely, not even a light will flicker, died.  This is not good.  My phone is great for playing Words with Friends, reading email and checking Facebook, but not so great for typing a blog post on.  
  • After a day of rest, my fitness challenge is back on.  Today was a 25 second plank (I did it twice!) and 70 squats.  I did 50 without stopping, rested a minute and then did the last 20.  Squat #51 was the worst one!
  • My Cowboys won a playoff game.  Did you hear me?
    My Cowboys won a playoff game!
    Next Sunday will be ugly in this house since they are playing Green Bay and J has somehow become a Packers fan!
  • Tomorrow I have an appointment with Dr H to check my labs.  After last month's dismal performance by my blood counts, I hope the numbers are much better this time.  I'm finally getting over my sickness, I've been taking vitamins and drinking protein shakes and I had an iron infusion.  Fingers crossed that all of that equals better lab results!
  • The kids went back to school today.  How did I spend my alone time?  Doing laundry, filing paperwork (GOD I need another room just for my medical papers!) and then running errands.  I had three things to return and a prescription to pick up.  Do I know how to have fun or what?
  • Speaking of medical paperwork, my insurance company has been billed a whopping $437,764.88 since d-day (8/1/13).
    Holy CRAP!
    Granted, the amount they've had to pay is significantly lower, and my portion maxes out at $4,000 a year, but still. 
  • I have been awake since 4am.  I went to bed at midnight.  You do the math!

No comments: