Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 315

One of the things cancer has taken from me - temporarily - is the game of golf. For most of the past year I haven't had the time, strength or energy to even attempt it.  I've never been an avid golfer... I certainly don't have the time or the money for that!  But I do love the game, and it's one of the things I look forward to getting "back" most. 

My "golf season" is normally whatever time I spend in New York. My dad and his lady also love it, so that is our bonding activity. I usually play more with them during the few weeks I visit than I do the whole rest of the year. 

Even though I have my doctor's ok to play, I haven't attempted it since my surgery in January. I'm hoping it will be fine and maybe even a good stretching activity for the muscles that tightened up from surgery and radiation. I'm hoping it's not painful like my doc said it would be.  

Since I haven't been to the driving range yet to figure out if I can even swing a club (and I didn't want to pay more baggage fees to American Airlines to bring our golf clubs), the only game of golf I'm getting in with my dad this year is the miniature kind.  Not quite the same, but fun to spend time with him nonetheless.

No comments: