Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Kicking cancer's ass - day 242

Did you know the perimeter of a soccer field is .18 miles?  I Googled it.  You know why?  The one thing I wish I had remembered to bring to Relay for Life is a pedometer!  We had snacks and drinks, blankets, chairs and a tent.  We even had a coffee maker!  But no pedometer.  I could have even been "with the times" and used a fitness app to track my walking if I had thought about it.  I didn't think about it until after, and now I wonder how far I walked.  Since it works out to be roughly 5.5 laps for a mile, and I'm pretty sure I walked at least four laps every hour (for 11 hours), that means I walked 8-10 miles.  Not bad for someone who hasn't exercised in forever and who is already exhausted from radiation treatment.

We've spent the weekend trying to recover from our Friday night Relay antics.  Yesterday I slept well into the afternoon and didn't even get out of my pjs.  Today I slept in but had tickets to the Children's Performing Arts Series presentation of The Wizard of Oz, so no pj lounging for me.  The show was pretty cute and both kids enjoyed it, so it's all good.

Even though sitting through a play was the most strenuous thing I've done since 6am yesterday, I'm already dreading having to get up for work tomorrow morning.  Where did the weekend go?

No comments: