Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days of Being Thankful - Day 7

I am thankful for family traditions.  I'm thankful that I grew up in a family that made (and kept up) traditions, and passed on the love of them to me.  We always open one present from family on Christmas Eve.  We have turkey on Thanksgiving (much to hubby's dismay).  We always, always have a real Christmas tree (although we don't set it on fire & run up and down the street after we take it down like my dad did all the years I was growing up!!).  We carve pumpkins for Halloween - and it never fails that J gags until I end up scooping out the guts of his jack-o-lantern.  These traditions are what make wonderful family memories, and I'm so glad that I have a family that (mostly) appreciates them!

No comments: