Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Monday, May 28, 2012

37 more hours...

On Wednesday at 12:30pm, my little girl will turn six.  I can hardly believe it.  She is so smart and so caring and so sensitive and so beautiful.  It humbles me that I have the privilege of being this amazing girl's mom.

You know what?  During my pregnancy, when I found out I was having a girl, I cried.  And not tears of joy.  I'm ashamed to admit it now, but I thought I was having a boy, I already had a boy and knew what to DO with a boy, I wanted another boy.  A girl?  What do I do with that?  We're talking hair clips and bratty girlfriends and hormones - oh Lord.  Of course, that's water way, way under the bridge now and if any of you ever tell my daughter that, I will deny it to my dying day!

K is a girly-girl who loves princesses, dresses, shoes and nail polish.  She asks just about every day if she can wear make-up and wants to grow her hair as long as Rapunzel.  She is also a little bit of a tomboy and loves Super Mario Brothers and playing sports.  She loves kittens and horses and stickers and books.  She sings and dances in the dark listening to Taylor Swift and gets embarrassed if you catch her at it.  She is bright and sweet and wants everyone to be her friend.  She has her daddy's brown eyes and his sense of humor (hello?  Three Stooges marathon??) and her mama's soft heart and sensitive nature.  She is my little girl who is growing up faster than I can stand it. 

Happy Birthday K!  You light up our lives, baby girl.


No comments: