Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Free-speaking.... Sunday?

I just realized when I sat down to write this post that I missed "Free-speaking Friday" last week thanks to my concert entry.  Since I'm struggling to come up with an idea for an interesting topic today, we'll just move our freedom of speech to today.

You would never know it was May by looking out the window today.  Yesterday we spent an amazing afternoon on the golf course - sunny and 80s and, most importantly, NO WIND!  Today it is cloudy, windy and 47 degrees.  Since it is warm & sunny in New York, I'm guessing we traded weather with my mom.

May 1st is my nephew's birthday and this year he turns 21.  What a milestone!  Was it for you?  I don't really think it was for me, mostly because being able to legally drink wasn't very important to me.  I will occasionally have an alcoholic beverage (it just took me three tries to type alcoholic!) - like the other night before the concert when I enjoyed a strawberry daquiri - but drinking has never been a priority for me.  On my 21st birthday my family did take me out and I did order a drink, but for the most part it was all for show.

Am I the only person on the planet who doesn't Twitter?  I don't even get the point.  We have the news, we have web sites, we have Facebook.  Why do I need to sign up for something so I can read up-to-the-minute updates on other people's lives? 

Mother's Day is next Sunday, so make sure you get your cards in the mail!

This is going to be a busy month for us.  J and K have four and three weeks (respectively) left of school (which means I am running out of time to think up some clever teacher gifts)!  Our family has three birthdays this month (nephew, stepson and K).  Every week is filled with the usual baseball & t-ball practice and games until the end of the month.  And four weeks from yesterday my mom will be here for her annual visit for K's birthday on Memorial Day.

I think it's such an interesting contradiction when you go from being the child who can't wait for summer vacation to the adult/parent who dreads summer vacation!  I love the freedom summer gives us.  As a stay-at-home mom, I don't have to worry about where my children will go for three months.  We are able to stay home when we want,  go out & about when we want, etc.  And since we have a pool, we pretty much park our behinds in the backyard to swim every afternoon.  But summer brings lots and lots of empty hours to fill.  Luckily my kids will have their Grammie here their first week of summer vacation, and then three weeks after she leaves we will leave for the beach and NY. 

One last thing... if you find my motivation to exercise wherever it's hiding, please return it to me!

Happy May!

No comments: