Welcome to my world

I am a wife, a mom, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
I've learned that who you have in your life matters more than what you have.
Thank you for stepping in to my world!

Friday, January 12, 2018

Kicking cancer's ass - day 1596


Yesterday's blog post got me thinking about concerts.... both ones I've attended and just in general.  Concerts are a big business.  If you don't know that, have you tried to purchase a concert ticket lately?  You practically need a second mortgage to afford most of them.  It's an expensive hobby.... but one that's good for you.  Surprised?  Read on.

US News & World Report posted the following article describing the health benefits (yes, health) of attending concerts:

6 Reasons going to concerts is good for you  (including stress relief and exercise!)

There are three types of concert people in the world:


There are people who go to concerts because they like live music, or they are friends with or married to someone who likes live music.  They don't mind going, but they sit in their seat and maybe mouth a few lyrics while checking their watch every 10 minutes.  They don't take pictures or videos and they certainly do not stand for anything except to hit the concession stand.


There are some people who wouldn't be caught dead at a concert.  Being surrounded by thousands of screaming men and women with music blaring and lights flashing, and having to pay to experience that?  These people say HELL NO!  


Then there are people who can't get enough.  They are the ones who pay more than they should to get the best seats (or the best standing room!).  They are the ones who know the words to every song and sing loud and proud.  They are the ones who stand from the first note until the end of the encore.  

I most definitely fit into that third category.  I've been fortunate to be able to attend quite a few fantastic concerts lately, and more than a few in my lifetime.  There are still some artists on my bucket list that I have never had the chance to see (The Eagles, Keith Urban, Daughtry, Blake Shelton, Kenny Chesney, Eric Church.....), but from my very first concert as a young girl (Rick Springfield) to now, I've amassed quite a resume of concert attendances.  

I wonder how many I can remember.  (The ones in italics were opening acts)

Air Supply
Alabama
Kelsea Ballerini
Beach Boys
Clint Black x2
Garth Brooks x3
Luke Bryan x2
Tracy Byrd x2
Mary Chapin Carpenter
Collective Soul
Sheryl Crow
Billy Ray Cyrus x too many to count
Dan & Shay
Jordan Davis
Def Leppard
Neil Diamond
Diamond Rio
Deryl Dodd
Melissa Etheredge
Florida Georgia Line
Foreigner
Vince Gill
Pat Green
Heart
Ty Herndon
Faith Hill x3
Alan Jackson x2
Chris Janson
Billy Joel
Journey
Lady Antebellum
Miranda Lambert
Cyndi Lauper
Tracy Lawrence
Little Big Town
Lonestar x2
Patty Loveless
Martina McBride
Reba McEntire
Tim McGraw x4
John Michael Montgomery x2
Montgomery Gentry
Justin Moore
Kip Moore x2
Lorrie Morgan
Brad Paisley
Jon Pardi
Kellie Pickler
Cassadee Pope
Collin Raye
REO Speedwagon
Darius Rucker
Sawyer Brown
Ed Sheeran
Rick Springfield
Chris Stapleton
Rod Stewart
George Straight
Taylor Swift x3
Pam Tillis
Shania Twain x2
Drake White
Trisha Yearwood x2
Brett Young
Chris Young

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can come up with.  Quite the list, huh?  More concerts than years I've been alive... by a bunch.  


1 comment:

kumar cosmetic said...

You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Centre in Lucknow, Hair Transplantation Centre in Lucknow